Visitors Participating in
Visitors may participate in Masters & Ladies races and will
be seeded as follows:
- Any Male rider under the age of 30 years will be seeded into
the Elite Series starting group by default i.e. Starting at
06h00 or 06h30 depending on the time of year the race is taking
place. Click Here for more
information regarding the Elite Series
- Any Male rider 30 years and older and Ladies of any age will
be seeded into the Masters & Ladies racing groups starting
at 2 minute intervals after the Elite Series group
- Seeding into Masters & Ladies groups will be done as
- Your current average speed and latest
Herald or Argus time will be used to determine your seeding.
- The default group will be D group if
you are unsure or the registration staff are unsure.
If you are seeded incorrectly
i.e. you have underestimated you ability and you are to strong
for the group you are riding in you may NOT pull the group apart
by breaking away, making the pace faster than the groups normal
pace. You are expected to sit in the bunch and NOT disrupt the
group you are riding with in any way. Transgression of this rule
can result in your continued participation as a visitor in
Masters & Ladies being reconsidered by the club.
Races where Visitors may not
- Time Trial (age group competition for M&L club members)
- Hill Climb (age group competition for M&L club members)
Club Racing Rules and
General Rules that is non-negotiable
The club has racing rules in place which are applicable to
Masters and Ladies racing and some general rules that MUST be
adhered to by all participants. These
are non negotiable rules and not adhering to these rules will result in
disqualification and discontinuing you participation in the
series or as a visitor in future races.
1. As a visitor you must start in the group allocated to you at
2. If you are dropped by you group and then caught by a another
group from behind you MUST sit at the back of that group
and may not participate in the group by means of pace making,
sprinting at the finish or assist the group in any manner. You
are a "passenger" in that group and must remain behind
all riders of that group for the duration of the race or until
you are dropped again by the group.
3. If you are to strong
for the group you seeded in and the group allows you to break
away and you catch any higher seeded group you may not participate in
group by means of pace making, sprinting at the finish or assist
the group in any manner. The Masters and Ladies seeded group
riders also has a responsibility not to use you in the group
either. If you are strong and fast enough you must pass the group
and continue with your own race.
3. The rule of the road applies i.e. keep to the left, and no
crossing of a solid barrier line.
4. No following vehicles are allowed to follow you. Spectators
may go to strategic points along the route and wait for you to pass
and then proceed safely avoiding going on the same route as far
as possible to the next advantage point and wait for you there
again until you pass.